Uncommon by nature
As an INTP my personality traits are found in only 3% of the population. Depending on which profile you read, this describes me as “ingenious problem solver“, a “dreamy professor“, the “logician”, an “innovation architect“…or the decidedly more badass “your secret weapon”.
My heart and mind thrives on the necessity of innovation, the challenge of marketing and the messiness of learning…with a human-centred focus.
Brand marketer by training. Lifelong learner of marketing by pleasure.
Professor by title. Learning experience designer by belief and by practice.
Small “i” introvert by nature. Two+ heads are better than one to make things happen.
Developing marketing literacy for the 21st century
I consider myself a practical academic as my focus is to contribute to (and advance) marketing knowledge through creating learning content, designing and facilitating active, authentic learning experiences vs. doing research to get published in academic journals.
I am a full-time tenured Professor of Marketing and Digital Media, and the Head of the Digital Media Marketing postgraduate certificate program, in the School of Marketing at George Brown College. I also consult as a Learning Experience Designer and Facilitator to the Canadian Marketing Association.
My areas of specialization are: brand management, marketing strategy and planning, marketing analytics, content marketing and social media marketing.
Since 2015, I have helped over 1,000 people become more capable, confident marketers through my courses, seminars, workshops and presentations.
Want to see a career path that’s definitely not linear? Check out My Life in Marketing to see how my professional journey has unfolded–that started with my first career change in late 2004.
Academic and professional credentials
- Chartered Marketer (CM) professional designation from Canadian Marketing Association | since 2017
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing graduate degree from Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia | 2007
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA Hons.) in Mass Communication undergraduate degree from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada | 2000
- Brandwatch Analytics for Students from Brandwatch
- Hootsuite Platform Certification from Hootsuite Academy
- Google Analytics for Beginners from Google
- Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions from Google